Terms and Conditions
4.2 By submitting any User Material, you:
4.2.1 Warrant that such User Material is your own original work and that you have the right to make it available to us for all the purposes specified above and that you have the right to grant the licences set out in Clause 4.1; and
4.2.2 Agree to waive any moral rights in your User Material.
4.3 Under no circumstances should you submit any User Material which is defamatory, abusive, obscene, inflammatory, of a racist, sexist or other discriminatory nature, in breach of confidence or privacy or which is otherwise unlawful or offensive, or which in our opinion could cause offence to any person or damage the reputation of Templar Publishing. You must not use any abusive or aggressive language, swear, threaten, harass or abuse any other person, including other users.
4.4 Any User Material submitted to us is submitted on the basis that we may review and edit such User Material prior to publication however we shall not be obliged to do so. We reserve the right to remove any User Material or part thereof published on the Website at any time and for any reason at our absolute discretion without notification to you.
4.5 Templar Publishing shall fully co-operate with any law enforcement authorities or court order requesting or directing Templar Publishing to disclose the identity or locate anyone posting any material which is in breach of these Terms or is unlawful.
Design an Alien Competition Terms and Conditions
1. Please read these competition rules carefully. If you enter this competition, we will assume that you have read these competition rules and agree to them.
2. The prize is to win all 5 original Jonny Duddle books, personally signed by Jonny Duddle. The winner will be emailed.
3. Only one entry per person allowed. Second or subsequent entries will be disqualified.
4. Entries must be received on or before the closing date of 1st May 2015 midnight GMT. Templar Publishing is not responsible for contacting or forwarding prizes to entrants who provide unclear or incomplete information or for entries lost, misdirected, delayed or destroyed.
5. The prize draw is open to all residents in the UK and Ireland except employees of Templar Publishing, their families, its agents or anyone professionally connected with the prize draw.
6. The prize is non-transferable and there is no cash alternative. The Promoter reserves the right to alter the prizes without notice.
7. The Promoter reserves the right to amend the specification of the prize although every effort will be made to provide prizes of similar quality and value.
9. The Promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
10. The Promoter reserves the right to terminate or withdraw this prize draw at any time.
11. By entering the competition each entrant agrees to be bound by these terms and conditions.
12. The Promoter is Templar Publishing, Deepdene Lodge, Deepdene Avenue, Dorking, RH5 4AT
13. Please contact Templar Publishing if you would like any details on previous competitions.
14. To qualify to enter our competition you must be resident in the United Kingdom.
15. Employees of Templar Publishing or any company involved in the Competition or any advertising agency or web company connected with Templar Publishing or any such persons subsidiary or associated companies, agents or members of their families or households, are not eligible to enter the Competition. Templar Publishing reserves the right to verify the eligibility of all entrants.
16. Additional eligibility requirements may apply to specific Competitions, e.g. a valid passport, visas and/or drivers licence will be required if the Competition prize includes travel outside the United Kingdom and/or car hire.
17. By entering the Competition, you hereby warrant that all information submitted by you is true, current and complete.
18. Templar Publishing assumes (and you warrant that) that by entering the Competition either you have legal capacity to enter the Competition and agree to the Rules (i.e. that you are of sufficient age and mental capacity and are entitle to be legally bound in contract) or your parents have consented to your entry of the Competition and these Rules.
19. Templar Publishing reserves the right to disqualify any entrant if it has reasonable grounds to believe the entrant has breached any of these terms and conditions.
20. By entering the Competition entrants agree to receive messages by email from Templar Publishing. Entrants may unsubscribe from these messages at any time.
21. Only one entry per person per competition is allowed.
22. Competition entries must be made in the manner and by the closing date specified on the Competition Notice. Failure to do so will disqualify the entry.
23. The closing date for the competition is 1st May 2015
24. There is no purchase requirement to enter a Competition and there is no charge to register for use of the Templar Publishing websites.
25. Where an offer is made for participation in a Competition involving a premium rate telephone call, the Competition Notice will include details of the estimated length of the call and its anticipated cost, and any other guidance to which Templar Publishing must adhere in compliance with ICSTIS rules.
26. Proof of posting cannot be accepted as proof of delivery. Templar Publishing cannot accept responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft, destruction, alteration of, or unauthorised access to entries, or entries lost or delayed whether or not arising during operation or transmission as a result of server functions, virus, bugs or other causes outside its control.
27. Entrants should note that unless stated otherwise, Templar Publishing does not accept responsibility for the return of any Competition entries, including those consisting of artistic or other material.
28. Claims for prizes must be made in the manner and within the time specified on the Competition Notice. Failure to claim a prize within this time or in the manner specified may result in disqualification and selection of an alternate winner.
29. To find out a list of winners send a stamped addressed envelope to Jonny Duddle World Book Day competition, Bonnier Publishing | Deepdene Lodge | Deepdene Avenue | Dorking | RH5 4AT | United Kingdom after 1st May 2015.
Intellectual Property Rights
30. Furthermore, any information submitted by you must be personal to and relate specifically to you. You hereby warrant that the information which you submit and/or distribute will not infringe the intellectual property, privacy or any other rights of any third party, and will not contain anything which is libellous, defamatory, obscene, indecent, harassing or threatening. If relevant, Templar Publishing reserves the right, but not the obligation, to screen, filter and/or monitor information provided by you and to edit, refuse to distribute or remove the same.
31. Templar Publishing cannot accept any responsibility for any damage, loss, injury or disappointment suffered by any entrant entering the competition or as a result of accepting any prize. Templar Publishing is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers or providers, computer equipment, software failure of any email or entry to be received on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet, telephone lines or at any web site, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to entrants or any other persons computer or mobile telephone related to or resulting from participation or downloading any materials in the Competition. Nothing shall exclude Templar Publishing liability for death or personal injury as a result of its negligence.
Data Protection and Publicity
32. . Winners may be requested to take part in promotional activity and Templar Publishing reserves the right to use the names and addresses of winners, their photographs and audio and/or visual recordings of them in any publicity.
33. Any personal data relating to entrants will be used solely in accordance with current UK data protection legislation and will not be disclosed to a third party without the individuals prior consent.
34. The Competition and the terms and conditions of this agreement will be governed by English law.